This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to my full disclosure for more information.
This turning point in my life led me to search for ways on how to make my life matter without compromising my passions anymore. Honestly, I’m quite fascinated by intentional living ideas that I’m working to apply it in my daily lifestyle.
What is intentional living? I’m glad you asked. According to Wikipedia intentional living is any lifestyle based on an individual or group’s conscious attempts to live according to their values and beliefs. Some examples of intentional living include simple living, frugal living and sustainable living.
Want to make your life matter? Great! Here are a few ways to help you get started living your life more intentionally.
1. Find your WHY, discover your purpose. Truth be told, life is made up of choices. Every day we are making a lot of decisions, sometimes we get it right and other times we mess up. But it’s okay, that’s life teaching us lessons. Have you asked yourself about the purpose of your existence? I’m sure it’s not to survive the daily grind, right? So first things first, know your WHY and discover your purpose. The answer is within you.
2. Know yourself and what you are passionate about. Are you having a hard time finding who you are exactly? It’s time to make peace with yourself now. Stop being too hard on yourself and love yourself instead. Get to know what you really want. Way back when I was working in the corporate world I couldn’t find time to figure out the things that really matter to me. I’ve been living a busy life to the point that I buried my passions six feet under. Give time to your passions so you will never work a day in your life.
3. Define your goals and learn from others. Set your goals, take actions, focus, be humble and learn from others along the way. If you don’t have goals, chances are you will just go with the flow or the worst thing is you won’t go anywhere. Spend some time to write your short and long-term goals. Put it into actions, keep your focus and more importantly learn from other people you meet along the way, these people may play an important role in some part of your life.
4. Stop comparing yourself to others. Be your own evangelist and don’t compare your God-given life to other people. Everyone has a different story to tell. Be kind to yourself while working to become your best version. It doesn’t matter who’s who in this life what really matter is how you live your own life. Live intentionally and stop pleasing people. I’m at the point in life where I care less about what other people may think of me, as long as I’m doing the right thing. This makes me feel better about life.
5. Live a life of gratitude. Live each day with a thankful heart. Start your day with thanksgiving, always be grateful and bear in mind that you are greatly blessed. Practice this mindful habit before you start each day and end it with a positive attitude despite the situations.
Give your all. Nothing great in life comes to those who give less than everything. I hate to break it to you, designing a life you love is not for the faint of heart it takes courage and determination, but it’s totally worth it.